Enrollment for the Affordable Care Act exchange available until January 15th!
The Marketplace Open Enrollment Period is now open from November 1, 2021, to January 15, 2022. December 15, 2021, is the last day to sign up for health insurance in the Marketplace for an effective date of January 1, 2022. You may qualify for an Special Enrollment Period (SEP) if you lose coverage, get married, have a baby or encounter another life changing event. Click here for detailed information on Special Enrollment Periods.
Understanding health insurance is not easy. Watch these helpful videos (available in English and Spanish) to help explain some common terms like premiums, deductibles and co-payments and how they can affect what you will have to pay to stay healthy!
5 Tips To Make The Most Of Your Coverage
1. Confirm and Pay: Be sure your insurance policy is complete. Review your paperwork and pay your premium if you have one, so you can use your health coverage when you need it.
2. Know where to go for answers: Contact your health plan to see what the plan will pay for and what you will have to pay “out of your own pocket.”
3. Find a provider: Select a health care provider that is included “in the network” that your health insurance plan will pay for. Remember you might pay more if you see a doctor or other health provider who is “out-of-network.”
4. Make an appointment: Always confirm that the provider you picked will accept the health insurance that you have even if the health insurance tells you that the doctor is “in network.” At your appointment, ask questions about any health concerns and what you can do to stay healthy. Ask your doctor about what tests you should have done regularly and see if they are tests that should be covered by your insurance at no cost.
5. Fill your prescriptions: Some drugs cost more than others. Ask how much your prescription costs and if there is a more affordable option.